Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy Birthday, Grant Austin!!!

On Wednesday, May 29, 2013, I went to my regularly scheduled 40-week appointment.  I was a little disappointed that baby Grant hadn't come already, but was prepared to wait one more week before planning an induction..  I told my doctor that I had been having a few contractions, nothing consistent or painful, just a few Braxton Hicks now and then.  She said we would wait one more week and then talk about our options from there... but that was before she completed my check up.  The next thing she said was, "Melissa...  I don't think you need to go."  I said, "Go? Go where??"  And she replies, "I don't think you need to go home... You're 5 cm dilated!  This baby could come at any time!"  She had a nurse practitioner confirm that I was at 5cm, fully effaced, and ready to deliver!  Ahhh! 
 
My response?? "Oh my gosh, I think I'm going to start crying!!"  Haa!!  She told me to call Wade.. who was conveniently at work right across the street!  When Wade answered, he asked how the appointment went and I said, "Umm.. can you get off of work??  Because WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!  TODAYYYYY!!!"  I can still feel the lump in my throat!!  I was so happy and nervous, scared and so excited!  A nurse walked me down to Labor and Delivery, where I sat at the back desk and waited for them to clear out a room for me.  I called Jen and my mom to ask for their help with Savannah and Andrew... and their reactions were hilarious!  We knew baby Grant would be coming soon, but nobody thought it would happen like this!  What a surprise!! 
 
Jen called a few mintues later to say they were at the hospital! I walked out to the lobby and got to see my 3 big girls before getting settled in at the hospital.

Lissie eyes! I've taught her well! :))

Haa, my own little Duck Dynasty Daddy Boy!
Here we are, one day before my due date!


Last pregnancy shot together!!

After tons of kisses and hugs and teary goodbye's, it was official.... 
It was BABY time!!


 
I finally got into a room and started the pitocin around 4:30
and Grant Austin Poole was born two hours later.. at 6:20 pm.


 
7 pounds, 5 ounces, 19 inches long.
What a precious gift...
 Fearfully and wonderfully made by the Creator's perfect hand.
 
The last thing Jen asked before it was time to deliver was, "Hair color??? I'm guessing red!"  We all laughed...because, really??  There's no way!!  And guess who called it..  :))

Pops sped the whole way from Thibodaux to see Baby Grant...  well, he speeds every time, but he had a good reason this time. :)))

Meeting the family!

 
One proud dad...
 
 
It truly was love at first sight!

 
Big Sister and Brother came to check him out!

Thankfully, they loved him, too!!!

Kisses from Sissy!

My new view::
And it's straight from heaven.

All my babies!!!!

 Pooles, party of FIVE!


"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
This is love.
 
 To Be Continued...

1 comment:

  1. Melissa! What great pictures and a great way to remember Grant's birth! I love the picture of your daddy holding Grant. That is the way he held you once upon a time.

    Love you little girl, MOM

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.