Saturday, October 19, 2013

Rainy Days and Pizza Nights...

Is there any childhood memory that comes back more vividly than playing in the rain??  The sight of the darkening sky, the sound of the crackling thunder, the feel of the wind picking up as you notice the distinct smell of rain on its way??  We would race inside to ask Mom if it was okay first (I'm sure... ;)), strip down to our undies, and prepare for the first drops to fall.  The best storms were the ones that sent those gigantic rain drops first so you knew a downpour was coming.. and could anticipate getting absolutely soaking wet.  The kind of wet that made you useless for any type of housework after without a long warm bath and chicken noodle soup first to be sure you didn't come down with a cold. There was, to be sure, nothing better.
 
At Jen's house one afternoon, the kids asked to make a few memories of their own.

We gladly complied!

Jen had also invited us over on Friday night for a Pizza Party! Homemade pizza, duh. 


 
 
Guy Fieri's recipe for pizza crust... perfection!
 
 I promise I've learned my lesson in what mode to NOT shoot my camera in.. but this one was too sweet not to share.

At the end of September, we celebrated Mom and Jen's birthdays with Paula Deen's Carrot Cake Cupcakes.  Make.them.now.  They were fantastic!
 
We also had a little party with the church girls for Jen and Amber... and I had to laugh because I definitely set out the hand sanitizer next to the jars of M&Ms.  #germaphob
 
And I'll spend the rest of the day singing that old Carpenter's song, "Rainy Days and Mondays always get me dowwwwwn..." 
 Even though, in real life, I think they may just be some of the best.

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha! Pizza night! Your dad would love to be there. Pizza YUMMY!!

    LOVE YOU LITTLE PEOPLE, MOM

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.