Monday, February 3, 2014

Celebrating Birthdays... and Spilled Milk

For Wade and Andrew's birthday weekend, we headed to the camp to spend a long weekend in Toledo Bend!  My little boy, my brother bear, my humble warrior turned THREE years old! How time flies when you're having fun! From splashing in the mud puddles, to getting his forehead glued together, to just becoming potty trained (hooray!!), my Andrew Paul has taught me so many things about Jesus and His power, love, and grace!  There are so many stories I could write about how I had to cling to Jesus and His promises through the adventures Andrew has experienced.

 The story I want to tell is one that happened a few weeks ago. Just about every single day, Andrew spills something.  His milk at breakfast. His juice at lunch. His water at dinner.  His bowl of cereal. His bowl of goldfish. His bowl of soup.  Every single day, Andrew spills something.  And then I hit my breaking point.  He knocked a giant cup of milk off the counter, spilling it all over my bar stool where it dripped down the legs and pooled on the floor... and I cried.  My immediate response was the desire to fuss.. thankfully, I remembered that accidents happen and like Grammie says, "It's not a problem if it can be fixed."

I took the roll of paper towels and got down on my knees to start mopping up the milk... and that's when it hit me.  I was on my knees.  Almost every morning, I start off the day on my knees.  Like a ton of bricks, I realized that I had the incredible opportunity to kneel down and take up my cross DAILY.. to pray for my children and our day together on bended knee.  

The spilled milk, the wet paper towels, the chaos in the kitchen...  it isn't a waste.  It's a reminder. 

We don't live in a perfect world where the cups always stay full on the table, but we do live in a world with a perfect God.  We don't live in a world where moms always appreciate the daily grind, but we do have a gracious God who reminds us of the blessings He's given.

I still lose my patience, get frustrated, and overreact. I am such a desperate sinner with an overwhelming need for God's forgiveness and mercy.  I need Jesus! Every moment of every day!  And so I'm thankful for all of my children who remind me that when I'm on my knees, I'm closest to Him.

He is an incredible God who allows the brokenness of our lives to glorify Him.
Thank you, Lord, for spilled milk..




The very first thing the kids want to do upon arriving at the camp is to find Jesus!  Hahaa!

My sweet hunnies!

Our first night's sunset:




We met up with Abigail at the camp!

Our sweet baby Grant at almost 8 months old!

Happy Birthday to my Wadie and my Brother Bear!!  I couldn't love either of you more!



The sunset on Andrew's birthday.. gorgeous.


Cuties on the stairs!

The next morning, we headed for the park:

Fishy face.. Andrew's is cracking me up, haha!


Love that Wadie Boy!




The birthday boy took a ride on the fishy!

The sunsets over the lake are enchanting...

Sadie, Rylie, Callie, and Jude all joined us at the camp to celebrate birthday weekend!

Sweet Savannah!

Sadie loved getting to celebrate Uncle Wade's birthday on the pier!

We've been together for as many years as we were apart!! 14 years of growing up and then 14 years of dating = Happy 28th Birthday, Wade Austin!  There's no one else I would rather go overboard with! ;))

Jenny and Jude!

Why are good family pictures SO hard to get?!?  Haha, this is the best we could do!

I couldn't get enough pictures of these two!


Love. Love. Love. Love. Love.

Being a wife and being a mom... it's the two greatest privileges of my life. 

And this is how Wade and I spent the evening of his 28th birthday:

Our birthday weekend celebration was so wonderful and so relaxing. We enjoy our lives together so much!  Happy Birthday to my husband who is the calm to my crazy and the peanut butter to my jelly, who always knows exactly what I need, and always apologizes first..  Happy Birthday to my son who always makes me laugh, has the biggest smile, the most mischievous eyes, the most rambunctious and happiest laugh and  teaches me to appreciate the small things, like tractors and mud and markers.
And milk.

1 comment:

  1. Is this the same lesson I should ER when I'm cleaning joys pee off the floor? ;)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.