Saturday, February 15, 2014

Emory's FIRST Birthday!

A few days before January 29, 2014, we woke up to this spectacular view...
and knew the Lord had sent us a gorgeous day to celebrate our sweet Emory Grace turning ONE year old!

Our view down the street:

Our sweet house, covered in the white fluff for the second time this year!

We got dressed and ready to drive up to Shreveport to celebrate with our favorite Mackeys!
Here is Savannah holding the card she HANDWROTE BY HERSELF for Emory!!!!
My little girl is getting so big... how does she already know how to write?!


Here is Emory at her very first birthday party!

Love, love, love this beautiful family!


Emory's precious birthday chair with decorations homemade by her mom!  PRECIOUS!

Daddy is a firefighter, so this smash cake couldn't be any more perfect!

Trying to make this couple happen! HA!  Such a cute little pair!

It's cake time!  Bring it out, Mom!

Now that's what I'm talking about! :))))

Heyyyyy, that's pretty good!


Nom nom nom!!

Love Justin's face here... and how Emory is getting after it, haa!

First birthday cake perfection.

Go ahead and clean that plate, girlie!!


Love my Emmy baby and her face, hands, body full of cake! :))



Andrew and Savannah were seriously enjoying that beautiful cake!

We had such a good time watching the birthday bunny learning how to walk!  What priceless memories!

Megan even made this door hanger to decorate!!!  Isn't it amazing?!  Soooo cuuuuute!

 
Our babies:
Emory (1), Savannah (4), Grant (8 mo), and Andrew (3)!



So incredibly thankful for such incredible friends!

It's pretty wonderful to go from celebrating Megan's 19th birthday in the dorms to celebrating her daughter's first birthday 9 years later... Such sweet friendships are a rarity and I'm so thankful for it!

Emmy Baby, I hope you always know how much you are loved. By me and Uncle Wade, by your mom and dad, by your grandparents... but most importantly, by Jesus.  He died. For you.  Knowing that you would be born and celebrating your first birthday this January, he paid the debt so that you can spend eternity with Him.  Trust in Him with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. He offers the ultimate gift of salvation.. and I'm praying that you accept it early in your life and spend your days loving and serving Him.  I am so looking forward to watching you grow up and being at every single one of your birthday parties for the rest of your life!! ((But if you want good presents, you better marry one of my boys!!!!  Glad we cleared that up.)) You are an incredible baby and you bring us all so much joy!  I love you and happy, happy first birthday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Everyone knows you can't make granty and Emory happen.... She has already stolen baloo's heart!! Also I'm said i couldn't go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just teared up!! Time seriously flies!!! 9 years?!?! I can't believe we have known each other that long. It feels like we just met! Except not really, because you are like a sister to me that I've known forever! Love you SO much and I am so grateful for the way you love Emory!!! She has the best Aunt Lissie ever!!!!!! And I have to agree with Shan, brother and Emory all the way. Hahahaha! I seriously can't believe y'all had to drive in a blizzard to come, but I'm so glad y'all were able to! Thank you, Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.