Saturday, March 22, 2014

Being on Cloud 9... with our 9 Month Old!

This past week, we had an amazing surprise! Our favorite Kees family drove in from Texas to spend a few days with us as Jason prepared to take his Entrance Exam into the New Orleans Seminary!!  They are currently planning their move from Ft. Worth to Anacoco, LA!!!  In homeschool language, that means that Hezzy and Jase went from living 5 hours away.. to only 1 hour away!!  5-1= 4 hours closer to us and that means major excitement around our house!! :))

Here is our gorgeous Baby Kate! Look at those baby blue eyeballs!!

Here is Sadie and Rylie, enjoying a little ice cream with their cousins!

Poor Kate had to learn how to play rough with the boys!  
They kept pulling her hair and pushing her down... BOYS!

JuJu Bear Judey Man!

Sweet Baby Grant!

Beautiful babies and their mommas::



Before they headed south, we all went out to eat at our new local eatery, Farm Fresh! 






G-man is 9 and 1/2 months and I thought I should give a little update!  He has two bottom teethies and his first top tooth just broke through a few days ago! He is so smiley and so happy.. definitely my easiest baby so far!

He is crawling and pulling up, even standing by himself for a few seconds before plopping down!

He said, "Da da" first, but "Ma ma" wasn't too far behind. ;) He loves to babble and his giggle may be the cutest thing ever!  His brother and sister adore him and dote on him constantly!  He is definitely the baby!

He recently had his first ear infection and that was really sad. :((  Other than that, though, he has gotten through his first 9 months with nothing more than the sniffles!  Here's my shout out to breastmilk! :))  As difficult and inconvenient as nursing can be, it is SO worth it.

Showing off his pulling up skills..

Yayyyyy!!

Wade and I were just talking the other day about how fun this baby stage is.. the playful interaction between him and us, his sweet personality coming out, and even the freak-mom-out put-everything-in-your-mouth phase... It is all SO cute!!

This pic had to stay because of the red/golden hair...  He is my Olympic torch, my lucky penny, my little redhead and my heart is overwhelmed with love for this boy!!

Baby Grant, as always, my prayer for you is that you come to know and love Jesus and desire to serve Him all the days of your life.  I pray that you use your infectiously happy self to lead others to Him and that you always know how very happy you have made our family.  We are so proud of you and are enjoying every giggly, smiley, sunshiny day that you bring. I love you so very, very much!!
Happy Nine Months!!

3 comments:

  1. Love that red hair. The end.

    And stop growing! I'm missing everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so precious, Melissa. They are all growing way too fast- I agree with Shannon. :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop stop stop. And now I can't believe he's already taken his first steps. WAH! I wish we lived closer. Playing once a month is just not enough!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.