Saturday, March 22, 2014

Lucky Little Leprechauns!

So remember t-ball tryouts??  They were pretty awful..  Actually, they were about as bad as they could be! Savannah was petrified, there was a giant crowd, and all the other girls had been playing for years, whereas we didn't even know what hand the glove goes on.  I was so proud of Vannie for wanting to play, but I doubted if I could handle the stress!  The other parents were talking about All Star teams and championships... and I was worried about the pink of Savannah's outfit not matching her gloves and bat.  I'm serious... it was rough!!!  

After deciding to go to just one practice before we called it quits, we showed up with our t-ball gear.. and our tears.  Savannah was extremely shy and nervous and as everyone arrived with their monogrammed bat bags and softball socks on, I could feel the pressure mounting!  I was probably more anxious than Savannah, but I tried to follow Grammie's advice.. HAVE FUN!  That's the most important thing here! No stress to get it right, no pressure to achieve greatness, no tension because everyone's watching... just have fun!  And after a few pep talks and showing Van a few basic steps, she did it! She started having fun. :))


Sadie at bat!

Two amazing parts of t-ball??  Uncle Nathan is the assistant coach... and we got to practice in Grammie and Pops' lot!!  I think that's the exactly the start we needed!

Way to go, Sadie!!

Swing, batter, batter, swing!!

I spy you, sister!!

Running the bases with Rylie!!

Blurry picture.. but that smile meant the world to me. :))

The teacher in me is always ready to get to work... but on holidays, it's like I can't contain it!  Celebrating holidays, big ones and small ones, are my absolute cup of tea! I love it!!  I'm not the best at getting it together ahead of time, but I try to wing it. ;)
On St. Patrick's Day, the kids woke up to drink 'Lucky Leprechaun Liquid'... or milk with green food coloring, ha!  I forgot the Lucky Charms, but they didn't seem to mind.

Some of our cousins came over and after reading 2 books about the wee leprechauns, we made Magical Leprechaun Jello.  We couldn't find the sneaky leprechaun, but we knew he was around because as soon as the milk hit the powder, it turned from white to GREEN!!!  (Disclaimer: I am really cautious about telling make-believe stories to my kids, including stories about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, and passing these stories as truth. There is only one truth I care to teach my children and it's the truth of the Gospel.  That being said, we do enjoy getting to pretend and make-believe and use our imaginations... as long as everyone understands that it is just that... pretending.)

Screaming, "Jell-O! Jell-O!' at the top of their lungs, haha!!

Throw your hands in the air if you love St. Patrick's Day!!

Heather made Paula Deen's Carrot Mac & Cheese with a Pretzel Crust and I made her Tex-Mex Chicken Salad Wraps with an Avocado Dressing! Oh my gosh, delicious!!  I actually didn't mean for dinner to be green.  I'm just good like that. ;)

And a little lime water to finish off the night... 

Simple and small holidays are sweet enough. But when you have a giant family to celebrate it with, there just isn't anything better.

3 comments:

  1. Getting emotional while reading this post. I need to stop ha! I love how much fun everyone is having with st pats day and practice!! Why you didn't include any of my advice??? ;)
    What did you do to celebrate pi day??? After all can needs to learn math haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest mom ever. The end. One day, I will be like you. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm catching up on your great blog! I'm so glad you posted this about T-ball. Jax has a personality that make him cautious & he can be shy. It can be intimidating for child & parent!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.