Wednesday, January 14, 2015

T is for Turtle!

So this is how the boys looked at the beginning of Turtle Week... hahaa!


But then they began to realize how fun turtles can be!

After reading different versions of The Tortoise and The Hare, and discussing the importance of perseverance (and not becoming weary in doing good! Gal. 6:9), we reenacted the story!!


In this round, Savannah is the tortoise and Andrew is the hare!

And off they go!


Our sleepy little rabbit...

And the turtle wins! The turtle wins!!!

Of course, Brother immediately wanted to switch roles and do it again, ha!

Trying to keep up with Brother and Sister!

Andrew the turtle and Savannah the hare!

Savannah was not happy to be the loser rabbit, hahaha!

But Andrew loved getting to be the tortoise!!!

Turtle boy wins!!!!!!!!!!

I know I sound like a broken record, but this curriculum's bible studies are the absolute best parts of the week!!  They are so simple for the kids to grasp, yet are so deep in meaning!! I took a picture so you could read exactly what we did next:


Sin is like wearing shoes that are too big...


It entangles and ensnares...

...and it will cause you stumble, no matter how secure or confident you believe you are.
(I didn't actually mean for Andrew to fall.. but it turned out to teach a really incredible lesson!)

Sin always hurts you and those around you.  The only way to get out from under that sin is to ask for God's forgiveness.. to repent and turn away!  Only God can take off of those big, clunky, entangling shoes of sin that cause so much grief, pain, and damage!  
Once He does, ONLY then can we run!  Free and fully!!  Running the race marked out for us! (Hebrews 12:1)  Wonderful, wonderful Jesus!!!  I pray these truths sink deep into the hearts of my children!!

We bandaged Andrew up (with a ninja TURTLE bandaid, no less! Ha!!) and went inside to make turtle tortillas!

Turtle faces!!!  (I think??)
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."  Jesus, give us strength to persevere in doing good..and humble, repentant hearts when we fall.  I love you and am so thankful for Your forgiveness that casts off my sin and allows me to freely run the race that You have set before me.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! However you should be ashamed of taking a pic of balookie in such a time of grief! Does Jesus take a picture of us to remember us like that or does he pick us up and care for us with grace and love????


    You are welcome 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha!! There was no blood!!!!!! Faker!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lissie ! What can I say. This is amazing what you are teaching about Jesus in everyday stories. I am so in love with this school curriculum it makes me want to go back and home school you four children!!!! Love you and we will be there soon!!!! Love mom

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.