Thursday, February 5, 2015

Thanksgiving Recuperation

After two days of heavy Thanksgiving eating, we thought it would be a good idea to head over to Toledo Bend and spend the weekend recuperating.. apparently.. by more eating. Ha!  Hez and Jen and their kids came, too, and it was sooo fuuun!

Here is Hezzy with her wonderful chili!



Grant and Jude are such cute little friends!!

Do you know how hard it is to get 8 children to stop and pose for a picture??  SO hard!  But it's SO cute when they do!

Uncle Wade listing his rules for the camp:
1. HAVE FUN!

Heading downhill.. still in a line except for Andrew!  #homeschoolprobs

Beautiful girls resting on the golf cart! We were sad to find that it had a flat tire.. which made for a looong uphill walk back! Ha!

First, we had to stop at the fishing dock..
The water was SO cold, but of course, everyone had to put their feet in!


The colors of all the fall leaves were unreal, y'all.. I wish I could have captured it accurately, but here's a teeny, tiny sliver of the gorgeous woods we were hiking through!


Jenny and Jude!


And then we found a cave that everyone needed to explore!

Jen and Kate... and a jealous Jude! ;))


Mommy and her baby!

And then it was time to swing!!


Even Wadie got in on the fun!



Hahaa, I love Cal's face!!


Little ladies just strolling through the Prayer Garden!

So this is someone's backyard and I'm not kidding.  How amazing/terrifying is this?!

But this is their view... glorious.

I spy... 4 little climbing monkeys!

Simply stunning.

And then the kids discovered what a rock slide looked like.. and how much fun it was to ride one!




Oh God, you are SO good to me!!  Thank You for these very precious girls!
May their hearts be fashioned after Yours!

And our beautiful Baby Cakes's heart, as well!

I loved these red berries so much.. it looked like even the plants were getting ready for Christmas! ;)

Someone gave the children a nature scavenger hunt list.. and here are the girls with all their items!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!  And it's all so colorful!

After this, my sisters loaded up and headed home with their babies.  We were so sad to see them leave.. But swinging helped to ease the pain. ;))


This was kinda crazy.. when we left to go on a hike there was a whole pumpkin display that we had to take a picture with.. but when we got back, it was all gone and the Christmas display was up!  So here is my very last picture of my kids with pumpkins this year! :))

Ready for a family hike!

We stopped to take a sweet family picture.. but I was outvoted and we had to do a silly faced one instead! Ha!!


Loving on our Baby Grant... the baby of our family for only 4-6 more weeks!


Stopping to look at this swirly centipede thing.. Homeschooling at its finest!



Andrew with the largest walking stick of all time!

Watching Daddy throw the walking stick off the cliff and waiting for the big splash!

34 weeks pregnant, but feeling more like 104!

"Look, Mom!!  It's a cross AND an x!!!"

I spy two little dears! ;)))

So sweet.

I loveeeee himmmmm!!

Hahaa, Andrew found this stick and said, "Hey, y'all!!!  I have a beard like Daddy!!!"

It was my first time to see this verse in the garden.. and I loved it.  I only want to walk in the ways of the Lord!

Do you see that fall color?!  It's almost as beautiful as that man!

Trying to catch the falling leaves!

We went on one more hike before sunset.. and were paid off with this view.

Unbeknownst to us, it turned out to be an over 2 mile walk and we had all 3 kids and no wagon! Whoops!  Everyone was exhausted afterwards but I'm so glad we made it through the long trek..  we have some sweet memories of watching the sun sink over the water while sitting on this giant tree together!

Sweet little bears.

Last picture of the day... the clouds looked like puffs of pink and purple cotton candy! So lovely!

On our last morning at the camp, the boys woke up and had some hot chocolate!


And we walked down to the lake one more time...

Seeing if the fishes down there would eat their spit... hahaa!


A storm was coming from Texas and it was so pretty to watch it cross the water!

I'll end the post with this picture... one of my favorites from the weekend.
"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it on the seas and established it on the waters." Psalm 24:1-2

I'm so grateful to our Creator God.  We enjoy so many things that He simply spoke into existence.  How can we even fathom that?!  He spoke and there was light!  He spoke and the skies were separated from the seas!  What a mighty God we serve, y'all!!  What a mighty God we serve.

I'm also thankful for a family that I love and adore and want to spend all of my days with.. whether we are celebrating holidays and major milestones or celebrating the daily grind and simply watching sunsets. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Why is hez boring by not let letting Kate ride the rock slide!??
    2. Your new camera is killin it!
    3. Wish I was there :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.