Sunday, March 1, 2015

Welcome Home, Samuel!

On December 27, we packed up our hospital room and got ready to head home with our new little bundle!  The hospital had dressed our Santa baby like this... and I almost fell over.
HE WAS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!

While Nana and Paw babysat our big kids at the house, Grammie and Pops came to the hospital to help us get ready to go.. and to snuggle our Samuel!

Loving on our THIRD son!

Hahahahaa!  I was sure I'd see this sight A LOT in the future!

Beautiful boys!

Cutest parents ever!!  So glad they finally live only 7 miles away!!


Amazingly, we had the SAME discharge nurse with Grant as we did with Samuel!!!  She remembered us when she walked into the room!!  I really think we would be such great friends if we knew each other outside of the hospital..  she has 4 kids, the sweetest personality, and loves Jesus!!  Here we are with D when we were leaving with Grant..

Exactly 19 months later with Baby Samuel!


We loved all the hospital Christmas decorations, especially because we didn't have much of them at home!  Haa!


It was a cold, rainy day when we were discharged with Samuel, so it was especially comforting to get home!  These flowers helped things looks so bright and cheery when we arrived, too.. as well as the big pot of vegetable soup simmering on the stove!  My mom has decorated the house and made soup for every new arrival that we have brought home, a tradition that I will definitely be passing on to my children!  It makes us as parents feel so special, as well as making a big celebration of our new baby's birth.. what a grand welcome to the world!


I can't tell you how thankful I was for this big hug from Baby Grant!  He didn't want anything to do with me at the hospital... that big bed, all those machines, Mommy's funny dress.. it was all just too much!  I didn't know how he would react when I got home, but this is the first thing he did.  And it made me so happy!

He didn't get to be the baby long..
but now he has a new best friend and I can't wait to watch them grow together!

Our Santa baby, all sprawled out in his new home!!  I think he approves!


Getting in his snuggles..



These boys were glad to have their daddy back!

And then it was time to open the rest of their Christmas gifts!





POT HOLDERS!!!!!  For Christmas!!!!  And he was so happy and appreciative!!  Hahaha!!


Reading her new book!




Sweet face!

Snuggle bunny with the family time:




Me and my Baby Grant checking out this new little person!




It felt so good to be home again with my littles!  All FOUR of them. :))


Adjusting to a new baby at the house wasn't as hard as you might think..  Going from 3 to 4 kids was actually pretty easy.  I guess you just understand the chaos.  It's a zoo here 14 hours a day, but it's a fun zoo. ;))  Here are some sweet pictures of the kids getting Samuel acquainted to our way of life around here..


May be the cutest picture EVER:

"So, like... is he ever going to get up and DO anything?!"









Throwback - here is Savan loving on new baby, Andrew:

And Grant loving on new baby, Samuel!


"HA! HA! HA! Did y'all hear that?!?!?!" ;))


Kisses for his new brother!


We spent the first three weeks of Samuel's life right in front of the fire.. It was so cold and nasty outside, we took full advantage of not having to go anywhere and stayed right at home, with lots of coffee, toasty blankets, and wild children practicing to see who could jump over Samuel the farthest... just kidding. Maybe.


 I honestly don't know how I would have 4 kids without Savannah... she is the BIGGEST helper, grabbing diapers, finding the lotion, picking up toys, even occasionally bathing Baby Grant for me.  She is such a little mother-er already and it helps me out immensely!  Vannie - I hope you always know how much I need you, treasure you, LOVE YOU!


Andrew is a big helper, too, but in a different way.  He doesn't love helping to clean up, but he will make silly faces at the baby to help him stop crying. He will sing songs or make strange noises to entertain Samuel while I'm busy... and that is usually a pretty big help to me, too!  Andrew Paul, you have the sweetest heart and I hope your baby brothers are just like you!  I love you, my little squishy!


And poooooor Babyyyyy Granttttt!!  Hahaha, life has turned upside down for you!  It took you a few days to really warm up to your baby brother!  You like to help him..  as I type, you are trying to put Samuel's socks on him.  He is not loving it, but you persist, ha!  You love to take his paci, poke his eyes, and point to his nose!  You are a big helper, too, sometimes..  you love to put up the laundry and even though I find everything in the wrong place, I don't mind.  Really, I don't.  Your sweet spirit and desire to help is so endearing. Plus, it gets the folded clothes off of the couch and out of the living room, so I'm good with it! Win, win. :))  You are my sunshine and I love you!

Samuel, you are such a sweet baby!! You are so easily consoled, you appreciate being held and loved on, and you don't mind the noise and mess your siblings create around you!  You do nurse every 2-3 hours, so I will be thankful when we get a little more sleep at night.. but I can't complain.  You are the easiest baby and I am thankful!  I love you, our newest little boo boo boy!
While the days can be long with 4 kids, the weeks have gone by so quickly!  May I cherish each day with them.  They are on loan from my Father and my heart cannot contain my thankfulness to Him. My cup overflows.

2 comments:

  1. 1) this post makes me sad bc grant is so big and I don't even know him!!!! Samuel probably starts school tomorrow and I still have cuddled him!!!
    2) when we have our babe can you send can over to help us? Send some food too.... :)
    3) can you pass those red pants down to me now... Thanks!
    4) you guys are so stinking cute!! Miss and love all 6 of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest little siblings ever!!!!! And I love the Santa baby pictures!! What a sweet Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.