Friday, October 16, 2015

Hitting the Deck

As work continued on the deck, we became more and more excited about how life would change for us with a comfy and cozy place to sit outside on!!  We couldn't wait!!  Here are a few pictures of the deck going up during the first two weeks of construction:


Beautiful honey bear, just working so hard!

He drilled in so many of those screws on that deck..  I am so proud!!

We were so excited to get this front portion done!!!  We seriously had dinner that night on just this part..  I TOLD you we were excited about this deck, ha!!

The kids had a blast playing "underground," as well!


Wadie, the carpenter!!

Sweet little Samuel was already enjoying the deck, too!

Savan took this one of us because I had to document our first cups of coffee on the deck!!  Wade doesn't even drink coffee... but when you're sitting up high, overlooking the backyard and the pasture behind our trees, and there's a cool breeze blowing.. well, coffee is just simply a MUST.

And Grant agrees. :))

Scrap piece of wood??  PERFECT for Brother's AIRPLANE!!

I'm pretty sure he took out everyone's ankles with this invention.. but gosh, how cute is he?!

Samuel was so proud of Daddy's hard work!!

On the night that the entire flooring was complete, Savannah and Andrew set up blankets and chairs and performed a talent show for us!! My beautiful little star right here, y'all:


After two weeks, our backyard had been transformed!!  Mr. Billy went back to work then, though, so we stopped construction for two weeks until he returned.  Thankfully, we were still able to enjoy it while he was away!!

Our first lifegroup shot on the deck!!!!

We enjoyed the deck in other ways, too..

By doing bike tricks..

..and our school work, too!!

Our little neighborhood friend, Livi, came over to play on the deck... and in a mud hole.  I was reading on the deck when I looked up to find this little face coming around the corner..

Hahaa, evidences A, B, C, and D of why you should never let me babysit your kids.





Lastly, we moved the kids' preschool table outside on the deck for them to do school work on.. and I thought it just looked so pretty!


My first grader and my preschooler, hard at work!
I absolutely cannot wait to put up pictures of the final outcome..  The deck turned out more perfect than I could have imagined!!!  I am so thankful for Mr. Billy and his wisdom, for Wadie and his strong back, and for Jesus who made this possible!  May we bring Him glory as we serve our community on this deck..

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are so good!! Hurry up with the post about the finished deck!! Can't wait to read about it!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.