Monday, October 26, 2015

Starting Fall with A Sleepover!

We are now well underway into our second year of homeschooling!!  The workload has changed drastically between kindergarten and first grade, so it definitely takes two or three solid hours a day to complete all of our work.  The school day sometimes feels long, but I am so proud of all that we get done at the end of the day!  Intentional time together is the best time.. :))

We have found a schedule-of-sorts that works well for us.. We begin with every morning with Bible which leads into Math, then Phonics, Language, Spelling, and Reading.  I have loved the beautiful workbook pages that Abeka produces and Savannah has been learning SO much.  I have been amazed at how many books and short stories Savannah has been able to read by herself.  Just last night, I was reading in bed... and realized Savannah was sitting right next to me, reading her little Cinderella book right there with me! So sweet!!

Seeing her reading skills take off has been such a treat!  Her love for books is so important to me and I love watching her world and imagination get bigger and more creative with each new book she reads! 

One Friday night, Wade was off and picked up some hot dogs and s'mores..  And the only thing that makes hot dogs and s'mores better is to share them with our cousins!!  So it was decided: it was time for a family camp-out!!

Even Daizy got to come play!!

Our little second grader, Rylie!!

Beautiful Daizy Mae!!

It's not a true girly sleepover unless cheerleading stunts are involved, hahaa!

Here are a few of my favorites:








If you can't join them, go inside, turn the radio up, and enjoy the show!! :))


Grant's new favorite place: the top of the car!!!!  This is so terrible, I know.  I immediately got him down, but gosh, isn't he SO cute up there?!

Hahaa, the girls loved doing their little cheers!

6 years old and still such a doll!

Dance partyyyyy!!  Get it, girl!

These two even created a see saw!! So smart!!


Poor Brother was then ready to do some MANLY things..

..like stab that marshmallow onto his spear and stick it in the fire!!

It's roasting time!!


Sadie with her s'more!



Sweet little friends! Sweet little memories!




Miiiiiiine.  All miiiiiine.

Callie and Andrew are two peas in a pod!!

These two get along SO well!!  Love their precious friendship!

Whoa, Brother! How strong you are! ;))

We came inside and everyone got baths and prepared for bed.  And by prepared for bed, I mean they played dress up. Ha!!  Brother put his little coat on and said, "I'm a nurse!!  Just like my daddy." Sweet boy!

While the kids were in the back, Wade and I secretly set up the tent IN THE LIVING ROOM!!  When it was ready, we called the kids to "HURRY!!  HURRY!!!  EVERYONE!!!  YOU HAVE TO COME SEE!!!  AS FAST AS YOU CAN! HURRRRRY!"

Hahaha, they were sooooo happy!!!


They turned on Heidi, ate apple slices, and cuddled together in their big green tent.

We enjoyed our sleepover party so much!!  I am so thankful that Savannah gets to live so close to her girl cousins and good friends!  It's such a special gift!!  I love these precious girls..
 their squeals, their stunts, and their sweet sisterhood.

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are SO good Melissa!! That one of van dancing is killing me! So much sass!! And I love Callie's facial expression in that one photo!!
    That s'more looks so yummy!!!!
    Need to move back like yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love!!!! SO much fun at your house! Praise God:)))))) Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.