Monday, March 14, 2016

Walking for LIFE

For the first time since I've lived here, Alexandria had a Pro-Life Rally down Main Street to protest abortions and support life!!  If there is any cause I can get behind, it's this one!!  I know the Author of life and immensely value His handiwork.. 

"For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be." Ps 139:13-16

Babies are blessings, not burdens.  Although we live in a child-hating society because children require us to die to self, the Bible calls our children a reward.  From my experience, there's so much joy in arriving at a restaurant and filling up a whole booth.  Or a whole pew at church.  Or having to always shop at Sam's because they have fun buggies that fit all the kids.  Ha!!  I am so proud of them and hope that my family helps share the Gospel everywhere that we go, just by the size!  We love life because we know the One who makes it abundant.  

While I know there are hard situations and tough realities where abortion might seem like the only option, it never is.  If we value life, if we believe that we are all fearfully and wonderfully made, and if we want to follow God's law to not murder, then there's only one choice: to stand for life

So while we were late, there was no way we were missing the Cenla Pro-Life Rally!!

Two of our youngest pro-lifers!

Since we were late, the motorcycle cop came by to tell us to please hurry and catch up. Haha!!  #storyofmylife
These two did not like the loud noises coming from his motorcycle!!

Because we were trying to hurry, we took our picture on the run!

I love our city and how many people showed up to support this critical cause!!

Our Vic that we love so much!!!

This is just Congressman Ralph Abraham pulling Erin's children in the wagon.. HAHA!!  Only Erin could pull this off!!

Beautiful Beth with Malchy Baby!!

My precious neighbor, Livi, was also at the walk and I was so happy to see her!!

When we all finished, all of the kids were ready to get the pay-off from that long walk: a roll down the big hill!

Lots of people at the Ampitheater where our very own Kristen and Kellie were singing and playing!

Here are a few precious snapshots I got during the rally:

So somehow I convinced Hez and Jen to have a race rolling down the big hill while I took pictures..
#iamthesmartone ;))

On your mark, get set..

ROLL!!!!!!

Somehow, Heather got all lopsided and ended up on the left side, ha!!

Jen made it down the hill the quickest, but couldn't find Rowdy's hand to hit it!!

And Heather was coming in fast!!

Try as she could, Jenny couldn't make it back over to Rowdy and 
HEZZY WON!!!!!!!!

And then they both died, hahahah!!

They quickly sprung back to life, though.. Jen wasn't going down without a fight!

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
Drop your spit on her face, Jenny! Hahaha!!  Just like 15 years ago in our living room!

And then they had had enough.

And became BFFS again.

Love my beautiful sisters so very much!!

And then these two sweet sisters wanted to race!!

Kate was clapping and praising Jesus and Grant acted like he had never seen that before.. Ha!!

Kate is such a special girl!! She's always the sweetest little thing!!

Walking back across the Red River, we stopped to take a picture!!  And while Wade and I were having panic attacks that the kids would fall overboard, please look at Grant.. just posted up on the stroller, cool as a cucumber! Hahaa!!

And because one family picture is never good enough, we had to stop on the other side and take another one! Ha!!

Samuel was whipped after his long walk!!
Thank You, Lord, for the gift of life.  For allowing us to know the joy that comes from being parents.  Children have a neat way of teaching us more about You..
And what could be better than that??

1 comment:

  1. Malchy baby was so over the walk ha!!!
    That hill race is hilarious!!! Wish ida seen it!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.