Sunday, April 24, 2016

Trust and Obey

Just a few simple shots of my precious family this spring..
how cute is this?!

Amber and Baby Kate!!

Black eye from wrestling with Andrew, ha!!

Around Christmas time last year, Jude fell out of a buggy and knocked out his front four teeth!  Thankfully, we have the greatest pediatric dentists in the world and they fixed Judey up with this dazzling smile!!  What gorgeous children!!

Jenny always serves us such beautiful dinners!!

And there's nothing better than ending the day with a dance party in the back of Grammie's truck!
Only Jesus can give us such joy, y'all. It's the strangest thing.. when we pursue Him and follow His commands, life is just better.  You would think it's the opposite - that if you "chase your dreams" or "follow your heart," that is where you will find happiness.  But it's simply not true. We have nothing to offer but Jesus. I know nothing but the cross and Him crucified.
 "May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Galations 5:14

There's an unshakable peace that comes from holy living and I pray the Lord instills this in our hearts and our children's hearts and in their children's hearts. His commands are LIFE to me and my joy is made complete in Him.  As the old hymn goes, "Trust and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus than to trust and obey."

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful what you said ,Lissie. Our greatest joy is seeing our children walk with the Lord. He is all we need. He is our everything. Love, mom.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.