Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Fall Getaway - Part 3

We spent our last day at Toledo Bend swinging..

..walking through the prayer garden..

..and hiking a few more trails.  I have to laugh at this one, because Wade was behind all of us, sneakily throwing acorns at the boys in the front. Andrew would keep stopping and look up, saying, "I hear something!!!!" or "Acorns keep getting me!!"  Hahaha!!

This girl is as girly as can be, but can sure keep up with her brothers!!

Big Wade and Little Wade!!

Sweet friends!!  I love seeing how our walks have progressed from the stroller to the wagon to two little friends, just talking and walking together.  Also, poor Grant.  Hahaa!

Love this crew and love our adventures together!!

As well as our mandatory silly family pictures. :))
As always, we can't wait to go back!!  The break in the ordinary, the new perspective you gain after being away, a getaway during the gorgeous fall.. it is all just as important as anything else we require of ourselves. The rest and peace of mind are worth every mile it takes to get there, every load of dirty laundry when we get home, and every penny spent on steaks and sausage biscuits.  

We forget that rest is a GIFT from God, a blessing near to His heart, for He promised it so many times in Scripture to those who would trust and obey Him. It reminds me of Matthew 11:28-30 - Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Yes, please, and thank You, my precious Jesus!!

1 comment:

  1. It is so so beautiful there!!! And I love that verse - it's one that I memorized!! When can we all have a play date at the camp?!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.