Saturday, May 6, 2017

Civil War Reenactment

At the very beginning of March, our church homeschool ladies planned a trip to the Civil War Reenactment at our local Fort Randolph/Buhlow.  I had never been before and was excited to bring the kids.. While our babies were a little too little to take in the 20 minute lectures at each station, it was fun for them to walk around and see all the sights..

Like the Civil War soldiers and their mules!!

This sweet man asked if I wanted to get a once-in-a-lifetime picture, a picture I would never be able to get again or anywhere else. I said... "Ummm. Sure??"

Here it is, y'all.  My once-in-a-lifetime priceless picture.

Landry didn't think it was so great, either, ha!!

Apparently this is a mule.. I'm not sure why mules are especially special, except for this man told us so!!

Now, this one IS priceless!!  Love my brave Vannie girl!!

Our sweet group!! We're just missing Laurie and Cruzy!!

Taking a tour of the 'moat' at Ft. Randolph!!  I brought Wade back with me a few weeks later so I could show him everything we had learned about.. There's so much history here, it's so neat!! 

'Stairs' built with rocks by the Confederate soldiers.. undisturbed since the 1800s!!

There's our Laurie and Cruz!! Right at the base of the stairs!!

All the kids got to try on time period hats..

How cute are these three little soldiers?!

Our little Johnny Rebs!!

Our last stop was to meet some of the soldiers..  It was the neatest thing for the kids to talk to the little drummer boy who was around their same age!!

Such a rich learning experience!!  I adore the homeschool life!!

My little people, feeling adventurous, started climbing hills and taking trails.. and that's when I knew it was time to get them strapped in the car and headed for home, ha!!
This was such a great day - a field trip with fellow believers and our babies learning and growing together in the great outdoors.  It makes me excited for all our adventures to come!!

2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha a once in a lifetime picture! I'm cracking up that that man put Samuel on the mule ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. That once in a lifetime picture of Samuel is so funny. This is so fun!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.