Monday, June 26, 2017

Easter Weekend

The Saturday before Easter, we knew just what we had to do..

That's right! It was time to dye eggs!!  And here are all my little helpers!! (Hahaa, Samuel likes to close his eyes during pictures.. Van was going to make sure that didn't happen this time!)

Wadie taught them how to draw on their eggs first..

The professional eggspert. ;)

And then the eggs had to sit and soak.

Sadly, the only dye colors I had were blue, green, and yellow. Whoops, ha!!

We all had such a good time!!  We also read The Legend of the Easter Egg by Lori Walburg to bring it all back to Christ. So, so sweet.

Easter morning.  One of my most favorite mornings of the year!!  I've stopped doing Easter baskets, just because we seem to bypass the most important parts of Easter in order to get to the plastic grass and chocolate candies.. so for now, we simply wake up to my very loud singing of "Up From the Grave, He Arose!!!!" - my favorite. ;))  We talk about how "JESUS IS ALIVE!!!!!  HE IS ALIVE!!!  Did you hear the good news?!!  Jesus is ALIVE!!!!!" (Always super loud, super dramatic, and super exciting!!!!!)  And then we get dressed to celebrate this most wonderful day!!

JESUS IS ALIVE!!!!!!  Have you seen Him?!!!!

Our four little disciples.

Happy Easter to youuuuu!!

Graaaaant, hahaha!!

I love my silly circus of SEVEN!! :))

After a sweet church service, we headed north to spend some time with our Jena family.  Nana even planned an Easter egg hunt for the kids!!

Samuel and Wadie made a cute little team!

Best buds.

Family picture!!  I just loved this!!

Samuel is a ham and climbed all over Paw..

..AND Poppa!!

Four generations apart and as cute as they can be.
I can't think of a sweeter way to spend Easter weekend.  Sweet family, delicious food, a risen Savior.. now this is abundant life.

1 comment:

  1. I love Van's dress! She looks like a little beauty! What a wonderful Easter, indeed! I can't believe you use your fancy cups for dye. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
From childhood friends to high school sweethearts, and now newlyweds and brand-new parents, Wade and I can only thank Jesus for His incredible blessings. Our three children are the ULTIMATE gifts from God and we pray that our lives glorify Him. He is our everything.